Play this video on Youtube (Opens in new tab).
This video guides you through the steps required to unlock the bootloader of the international Motorola Moto G 1st Gen (2013).
***WARNING!!!*** PERFORMING THE ACTIONS IN THIS TUTORIAL WILL VOID THE WARRANTY ON YOUR DEVICE. YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS. I DO NOT.
Before Starting You need to download and install the following:
WHEN ASKED: INSTALL FOR ALL USERS OF THE COMPUTER
For Mac and Linux simply unpack the archives to an empty folder on your computer (and note the folder location). I recommend the desktop.
You may also need the Motorola USB Drivers.
Go here to unlock the bootloader through the Motorola website
1) Install Android SDK and Motorola USB drivers from the links provided.
2)Turn of phone and boot to bootloader by holding VOLUME down and power together.
3) connect phone to computer via USB.
4) On your computer navigate to the “platform-tools” folder within the “android-sdk” folder on your computer.
5) On a blank space within the window hold shift and right click and select “Open command window here.”
6) Type the command “fastboot oem get_unlock_data” (do not include quotes)
7) Copy the long string of characters that appear to the clipboard.
8) Within your web browser, navigate to the Motorola website.
9) Click next, sign in and on the next page paste the string of characters (removing all spaces) into the field provided. and click “Can by device be unlocked?”
10) Read and agree to legal agreement and click “request my code”
11) Check email (same address used to log into Motorola website) and copy the unlock code to the clipboard.
12) Return to the command prompt and type the command “fastboot oem unlock yourcode” (paste your unlock code where it says yourcode).
13) Phone will reboot and you’ll receive a message saying the bootloader has been unlocked.